Are you looking into getting the ideal lift for your workshop or your at-home garage? A lift can be exceptionally handy when it comes to working on the wheels and undercarriage of your vehicle or your client’s vehicles.
When it comes to choosing a car lift or hoist, the two most popular options are undoubtedly two-post lifts and scissor lifts. Each of these lifts has its own pros and cons, which can be looked at to help you make the right decision for your needs.
Two Post Lift Pros
- You can use these lifts to perform nearly every type of service or maintenance task
- Very strong and reliable
- This lift exposes the undercarriage of the vehicle, so you work on anything underneath the car
- Relatively easy to use
- Can be operated by one person
Two Post Lift Cons
- These lifts are quite expensive, especially the high-quality ones
- You’ll require a lot of space in order to install this lift and a ceiling height of around 4000mm
- A trained technician will be required to install the two-post lift safely
Scissor Lift Car Hoist Pros
- Versatile hydraulic lift
- Doesn’t take up much space
- Fast, simple and safe to load a vehicle
- Moveable – with optional kit supplied
- Perfect for light maintenance tasks such as tyres, oil change or brakes
Scissor Lift Car Hoist Cons
- You don’t get to complete some maintenance and repair services will be difficult to perform on the undercarriage.
- They have a floor space requirement
- They can be costly to purchase and install.
If you have a lot of space available to you, as well as a large budget, then the two post lift should fit all of your needs. But if you have limited space and a limited budget, then a scissor lift car hoist would probably be the best option available to you.
[CTA] Are you looking at purchasing a scissor lift car hoist for your workshop or at-home garage? Get in touch with the expert team at MAHA AU today, and we can help you choose the best car lift for your needs.