Scissor lifts are a staple in workshops across the world. But when there are so many different scissor lifts to choose from, how do you know you have one that meets your needs?
What Does Having The ‘Right’ Scissor Lift Car Hoist Mean?
While we encourage workshop owners and even car enthusiasts to own a scissor lift, not just any scissor lift will serve the right purposes. Here are some features of the ‘right’ scissor lift.
- Your scissor lift has the lifting capabilities to lift the weight of your car (if you’re a hobbyist) or your clients’ cars (if you own a workshop)
- Your scissor lift has been purchased from a reputable dealer or brand
- Your scissor lift is in good condition and is regularly maintained
The Importance Of The Right Scissor Lift
Having the right scissor lift in your workshop means that you have a piece of equipment that you can rely on and won’t fail on you when you least expect it.
It also means that your scissor lift can handle the weight capabilities and provide a safe working environment for you and your employees.
Having the wrong sized scissor lift or one that is too old can be extremely dangerous.
Why Scissor Lifts?
While there are many different types of lifting options available, having a scissor lift in your workshop is highly advantageous because of the following benefits:
- They are ideal for wheel and brake work
- They are a very affordable option
- They lie flat when not in use and do not take up much space
- They come in a wide variety of different options
When Are Scissor Lifts Not Suitable?
The only time scissor lifts are not suitable is when you need to get under a vehicle to work on the undercarriage or under the engine. In these cases, you may want to consider a two post lift or a four post lift.
Are you looking to purchase a scissor lift car hoist in Australia? Here at MAHA AU, we offer a wide range of premium workshop equipment used in a wide variety of workshops throughout the country. If you are interested in what we have to offer, please don’t hesitate to take the time to browse our website to view our high-quality products. Alternatively, you can call us on 1800 006 242 if you have any questions.